After slaving away today at Columbia Sportswear Company for TWELVE hours, I am feeling the need to blow off some steam with a good workout. However, there is no where for me to go! The ARC closed at 6 p.m. today, the University Village Clubhouse wasn't even open at today, and the fieldhouse door was locked. It just started snowing earlier today, so I feel like running 3 miiles in this cold weather is not such a good idea. I can't afford to get sick two weeks before finals start. This is a not a good weekend at all!
I feel ya girl :( This weather blows! I ran Friday morning outside in shorts and a t-shirt and later that day it was snowing!! I think its tredmil & ARC track time for a few months (our worst nightmare) :(
ReplyDeleteGirl do you know how great it is that you were on your feet for 12 hours!? I know it does not seem like much but I know you can count that is being active when you are walking around the Columbia store for that long! But...I can totally relate to not having anywhere to workout. What I often do it some floor work that all you really need is a yoga mat and some free weights. Get those crunches and push ups going along with some kettle bell moves using the free weights. You will break a sweat even if it is not necessarily cardio. Hope this helps and keep it up! You have got such great energy, love it!
ReplyDeleteColleen is right! It's bad weather to be doing "real" workouts outside but being on your feel moving around the store all day is a great workout in itself. Some people who work long shifts like that wear pedometers to see how much they actually moved around. Also, on a day like Black Friday I'm sure you had very little, if any, down time. But I totally agree that working out inside is a second-rate option.
ReplyDelete